With Memorial Day right around the corner, it’s time to start thinking of light and easy meals created with fresh natural ingredients. We asked Cape Cod Life’s staff to share their favorite salad recipes to give you a head start on great summer salads!
Judy’s Spinach Salad
- 1 bag of spinach, 7 to 9 ounces
- 16 ounces of strawberries, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mandarin oranges, drained
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
Place almonds in a small, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook for three to four minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent burning. Remove from heat when they become golden and fragrant. Cool.
Place spinach, strawberries, oranges, and almonds in a large bowl.
Pour dressing on salad and toss.
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup raspberry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons raspberry, or fruit, preserves
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds