Cranberry Orange Relish
|• 2 oranges||• 1/2 cup maple syrup|
|• 2 cinnamon sticks||• 3 slices of ginger root|
|• 8 cups fresh cranberries||• 2 cups powdered sugar|
|• 1 vanilla bean, sliced in half length-wise|
1. Zest the oranges and then squeeze the juice from the oranges. You will need ¾ cup of orange juice. Keep separate.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring to a boil the syrup and orange juice.
3. Add ginger root, orange zest, and cinnamon sticks.
4. Add cranberries and powdered sugar and stir. Cook until cranberries open or pop.
5. Cool and store covered in refrigerator up to one week or freeze.