Cranberry Apple Clafoutis
|• 1 cup dried cranberries||• 1 cup whole milk|
|• 1 cup Golden Delicious apples, diced||• 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted|
|• 1/2 cup Apple Jack brandy||• 1/3 cup sugar|
|• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon||• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour|
|• 1 teaspoon lemon zest||• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract|
|• 3 large eggs||• 1-1/4 teaspoon salt|
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F with rack in upper third of oven. Butter a 9-inch shallow baking dish.
2. Over medium heat, briskly simmer cranberries, apples, brandy, cinnamon, and lemon zest in a small heavy saucepan uncovered. Stir occasionally until almost syrupy for 10 to 12 minutes. Pour into baking dish.
3. Using a blender at low speed combine the eggs, milk, butter, sugar, flour, vanilla, and salt. Pour over cranberry apple mixture.
4. Bake until slightly puffed and set in center, about 25 – 30 minutes.
5. Cool clafoutis briefly on a rack. Serve warm with ice cream.
Serves six to eight.