Judy’s Strawberry Jam
- 2 (16 ounce) containers of strawberries, sliced (this is about 5 cups of sliced berries)
- 1 (6 ounce) container of raspberries
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup of sugar
- Bring all ingredients to a full boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. During this time you can crush the fruit with a potato masher if you would like smaller pieces of fruit. Skim foam off the top when it develops.
- Let cool to room temperature and store in airtight containers in the refrigerator. This jam will keep in the refrigerator for three to four weeks.