Recipe from the Church of St. Mary’s Youth Organization cookbook. Savor Nantucket, Creatively Casual Cuisine.
- 4 cups finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 1 cup green seedless grapes
- 8 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 2/3 cup silvered almonds, toasted
- Combine the broccoli, celery, red grapes, green grapes, bacon, and scallions in a large salad bowl and toss to mix.
- Mix the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, pepper and curry powder in a small bowl. Add to the broccoli mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with the almonds just before serving.