Recipe courtesy of Carol Williams Catering.
- 1 head Napa cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- ½ cup crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly ginger root, grated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- cilantro leaves for garnish
- Mix cabbage, scallions, carrots and green pepper in medium bowl. Mix red pepper, sugar, vinegar, grated ginger, salt and pepper and blend well, Pour over cabbage mix. Drizzle sesame oil over top and toss to blend. Adjust seasonings.
- Chill for 2-4 hours to enhance flavor and garnish with cilantro leaves before serving.