Recipe from The Black Dog Tavern Company Cookbook.
- 1 pound flour
- 9 ounces whole wheat flour
- 4 ounces cracked wheat
- 5 ounces rolled oats
- 2 ounces wheat germ
- 1 ounce non-fat dry milk powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 ounces peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups water
- 4 eggs
- ¼ water
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until a dough forms. The dough will be stiff.
- Roll out to ¼-inch thickness and cut into dog bone shapes. Place on cookie sheets covered with parchment paper.
- Make the egg wash by mixing together the eggs and water. Brush bones with egg wash and bake for one hour and 15 minutes.
- Beef and parsley bones: Add 1 ½ ounces of Minors Beef Base and 2 teaspoons of parsley to the mix.
- Chicken and garlic bones: Add 1 ½ ounces of Minors Chicken Base and ½ teaspoon chopped garlic to the mix.