Recipe courtesy of Woods Hole Inn, Woods Hole. www.woodsholeinn.com
- Phyllo dough, one piece cut to measure 10”x10”
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh asparagus, chopped
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- ½ cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 fresh scallion, chopped
- 3 slices of Black Forest ham, loosely chopped
- In 375° oven, roast cherry tomatoes tossed with salt until they burst. In same oven in separate pan, roast asparagus that has been tossed with olive oil.
- To caramelize onions, place onions in skillet on stove top with olive oil. Cook on medium until they turn clear. Simmer until edges of onions release their sugar and turn brown on the edges. The vegetables can be prepared ahead of time.
- Place Phyllo dough on a cookie sheet and brush the top with olive oil. Adorn top of phyllo dough with Gruyere cheese. Then add remaining ingredients, leaving the edges open like the crust of a pizza.
- Bake in 375° oven for 12 minutes or until crisply and lightly browned. Serve immediately.
- Courses: Breakfast and brunch