Courtesy of Union Street Inn Nantucket, www.unioninn.com
- 2 cups premium buttermilk pancake mix*
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Dash of cinnamon
- Pure maple syrup
*Can be made from scratch, but a premium mix will work fine (use milk, not water).
- Gently combine pancake mix, milk, buttermilk and vanilla. Let mixture sit for ten minutes. Add more milk if too thick.
- Pre-heat griddle and spray with pan coating. Pour batter on to griddle. Sprinkle blueberries on to each pancake. Sprinkle dash of cinnamon into melted butter. Drizzle melted butter on to each pancake and around their edges. This creates a lacey, slightly crispy texture on the edges of the pancakes.
- Serve with butter and pure maple syrup.
- Courses: Breakfast and brunch