Recipe courtesy of Chef Michael Crowell of Five Bays Bistro in Osterville, MA.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen peaches (if fresh use ripe and cut into wedges)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 leaves of mint, chopped
- ½ cup honey
- 2 cups oats
- ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 pinch ground cardamom (optional)
- For filling, thaw fruit if frozen and toss together evenly.
- For topping, toss together evenly.
- For whipped cream, whisk together in a cold bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place filling and topping in an oven safe casserole, add topping and bake for 30-35 minutes or until top is golden brown and bubbling. Top with whipped cream.