Pain D’Avignon 15 Hinckley Road Hyannis www.paindavignon.com
- Dry ingredients
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- cup corn flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Wet ingredients
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup fresh cranberries (dried is fine too!)
- 1 - 46 oz. cans (just the top removed, cleaned & dried. I suggest cranberry juice cans)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- all-purpose flour for dusting the can
- Preheat over to 200° (no convection).
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixer using the paddle attachment: be sure none of the ingredients clump up. In a separate bowl, whisk wet ingredients together. While dry ingredients mix, pour in wet ingredients and mix. Add the cranberries and mix.
- Brush inside of can thoroughly and dust with flour. Fill and bang the can on the table to remove air bubbles. Place on a cookie sheet and put in the oven for two hours. Check doneness by sticking a skewer down the center. If it comes out clean with crumbs on it, it is done!
- Let cool and serve immediately or wrap in plastic (once cool) and leave at room temperature.