Recipes provided by Paul Cunningham, executive chef at Willowbend Country Club.
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- salt & pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise, whole
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cups butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 cup water
- In a skillet over low heat, add the canola oil. Cook the onions, stirring occasionally until translucent and soft. Do not color.
- Add dry spices and stir.
- Add squash, apple, cranberries, sugar, vinegar, and water. Cover and simmer slowly until squash is tender.
- Store covered in refrigerator up to a week. This is a great complement to meat, fish, or poultry.
- Courses: Condiments