Recipe provided by The Island Merchant, 302 Main Street, Hyannis.
- 2 – 8 ounce blocks cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pint sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut cream cheese into approximately one-inch squares and blend on medium speed in an electric mixer until smooth. At slow speed add eggs, one at a time. Increase speed until well combined after each one, scraping the bowl between additions. Slowly add sugar while mixing on low, then beat about two minutes until a creamy consistency. Stop mixer, add sour cream and beat on medium until just combined.
- Pour two-thirds of the strawberry filling over the crust, then top with the cheesecake filling.
- To bake cheesecake, place pan into a larger pan. Fill half way up the side of the cheesecake pan with water so the cheesecake is in a bath of water, but be careful not to get water into the cheesecake. (Heat a pot of water to boiling on the stovetop and pour the boiling water into the pan once it is in the oven so you don’t have to transport the cheesecake in the water bath.)
- Cook about 35 minutes. It will still have a bit of movement to it, although not liquid. It will firm after chilling. Serve drizzled with the reserved strawberry sauce.