Recipe provided by The Island Merchant, 302 Main Street, Hyannis.
- 2 – six ounce boneless chicken breasts,
- pounded to same thickness
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ounces Brie cheese
- ¼ package baby spinach
- ½ pint fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt & pepper
- Place strawberries in a bowl with raspberry vinaigrette dressing and one teaspoon balsamic vinegar for one hour. Add sugar.
- Trim excess fat from chicken and place in another bowl. Add olive oil, one teaspoon balsamic vinegar and a dash of salt and pepper. Toss and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Cut Brie in half. On two dinner plates, place spinach and drizzle each plate with ½ teaspoon honey.
- In sauté pan, add butter and salt and pepper. Heat to medium and place chicken in pan. When chicken is three-quarters of the way cooked and the chicken has already been flipped to the second side, lower the heat. Place one piece of the Brie on top of each portion of chicken and cover pan with lid. Cook about two minutes until the Brie is a bit melted. It will still have a shape to it.
- Place the Brie and chicken on top of the spinach. Pour the strawberries with marinade on top of the chicken and Brie. Drizzle with one teaspoon of honey to finish.