This recipe is from Connie’s Bakery which is located at 205 Commercial Street, Provincetown.
- 3 ounces unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 ounces margarine, at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or 2 ½ cups pastry flour)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 17 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces pecans, lightly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spread pecans on a baking pan and bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together into a bowl and set aside. Cream the butter and margarine together until fluffy. Add sugars and combine until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl with a rubber spatula and then mixing after each addition. Add vanilla. Add flour mixture and mix just until blended. Scrape with the spatula. Roughly chop the pecans so you have some large and some small pieces. Add chocolate chips and pecans to the cookie mixture and fold in with the spatula.
- Form into balls, place on a greased cookie sheet, flatten slightly with your hand, and bake until golden (about 12 minutes).
- Courses: Cookies