Recipe courtesy of Executive Chef Anthony Cole of the Chatham Bars Inn.
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 2 tablespoons yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon grass, minced
- ¼ teaspoon Thai green curry paste
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 ounce Thai fish sauce
- Salt to taste
- Sweat onion, ginger, kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass, and curry paste in oil over medium heat until the onions are translucent. Add coconut milk and fish sauce. Cook on low heat for 30 minutes. Season with salt and strain through a fine mesh strainer.