Recipe from Harvesting Nantucket, The Taste of Bartlett’s Ocean View Farm.
- 2 sweet onions, peeled, sliced
- 1 large eggplant, halved
- 2 summer squash, halved
- 4 bell peppers (red & yellow)split, seeded
- 2 yellow tomatoes
- 2 zucchini
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 cup cooked and diced red potatoes
- 1 cup blanched peas
- ½ quart rich chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 6 large leaves fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small bunch of chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons Mascarpone
- 1 bag wood chips, soaked in water
- Rub vegetables with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Start grill. Continually add soaked wood chips for smoke.
- Place all vegetables except the peas, chives and potatoes onto the grill and cook until each is tender, with grill marks. Let cool and dice. Remove corn kernels from cob. Set aside half of the grilled vegetables.
- Puree the rest in a food processor, in small batches. Add garlic and herbs. Pour puree, cream and Mascarpone in saucepan. Mix together until well blended.
- Warm soup over medium low heat. Add all vegetables that were set aside.