Recipe courtesy of Bill Atwood of The Red Pheasant Inn in Dennis.
- 1 pound fresh Jonah or lump crabmeat, picked clean
- ½ cup scallions, diced
- 1 teaspoon onion, minced
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Panko bread crumbs, plus more for coating crab cakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine all ingredients including the 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs and mix well. Form into 8 crab cakes and coat with additional bread crumbs. Sauté with clarified butter or canola oil on medium to high heat for 3 minutes on first side. If using the canola oil, you can add 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter to pan when you flip the crab cakes over. Sauté for 3 minutes on second side to get a crispy crust. Heat in oven for 3 minutes.
- To serve, plate the crab cake with the mustard-dill mayonnaise. The crab cake can be prepared a day ahead and sauteed before serving.