Recipe courtesy of Yolanda Lodi’s cookbook, Yolanda’s All New Cranberry Cookbook. firstname.lastname@example.org 508-946-4738
Total Time:50 minutes
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh or frozen cranberries, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- confectioners’ sugar (to sprinkle over top after baking)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Generously butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch glass pie plate.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk eggs until foamy. Gradually add flour, whisking after each addition to avoid lumps. Slowly add milk and continue to whisk until batter is smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add apples, cranberries, sugar and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until apples are tender and cranberries pop. Spread apple and cranberry mixture evenly on bottom of the pie plate. Pour batter over the apple and cranberry mixture. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately with a generous sprinkle of confectioners’ sugar.