Recipes provided by Paul Cunningham, executive chef at Willowbend Country Club.
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup Golden Delicious apples, diced
- ½ cup Apple Jack brandy
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ stick unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375˚F with rack in upper third of oven. Butter a 9-inch shallow baking dish.
- Over medium heat, briskly simmer cranberries, apples, brandy, cinnamon, and lemon zest in a small heavy saucepan uncovered. Stir occasionally until almost syrupy for 10 to 12 minutes. Pour into baking dish.
- Using a blender at low speed combine the eggs, milk, butter, sugar, flour, vanilla, and salt. Pour over cranberry apple mixture.
- Bake until slightly puffed and set in center, about 25 – 30 minutes. Cool clafoutis briefly on a rack. Serve warm with ice cream.
- Courses: Desserts