Recipes provided by Paul Cunningham, executive chef at Willowbend Country Club.
- 2 oranges
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 slices of ginger root
- 8 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, sliced in half length-wise (optional)
- Zest the oranges and then squeeze the juice from the oranges. You will need ¾ cup of orange juice. Keep separate.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring to a boil the syrup and orange juice.
- Add ginger root, orange zest, and cinnamon sticks.
- Add cranberries and powdered sugar and stir. Cook until cranberries open or pop.
- Cool and store covered in refrigerator up to one week or freeze.
- Courses: Condiments