Recipe the courtesy of Sweet Inspirations Artisan Chocolates of Nantucket. www.nantucketchocolatier.com
Total Time:4 hours
- 1 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
- ¼ cup Grand Marnier orange liqueur
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces quality white chocolate
- 1 cup shelled, crushed pistachios
- Kitchen environment should be approximately 70 degrees (not hot and humid). In a small, covered bowl/jar, add the Grand Marnier to the cranberries and allow to stand 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. In a large mixing bowl, allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature (2-3 hours).
- Chop the white chocolate and place in microwavable container; slowly melt chocolate in microwave on high (40 second first, then 10 seconds at a time thereafter, stirring in between until melted to a smooth consistency).
- Add the white chocolate to the cream cheese and blend with whisk; immediately add cranberries and whisk until smooth. The mixture will begin to become firm as you blend; work quickly. Clean edges of bowl and smooth out top of mixture with spatula; allow to stand at room temperature approximately 1 hour.
- Spread crushed pistachio nuts on baking sheet. With a melon baller or teaspoon, roll in your hand approximately 1-inch balls. Roll in nuts. If mixture becomes too soft to work with, refrigerate as necessary.
- Place nut-covered confections in candy cups; store in airtight container in refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.