Recipe courtesy of Pamela McKinstry from her cookbook Recipes from the Sconset Café on Nantucket Island.
Total Time:1 hour
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallots
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup walnut oil
- Cook the cranberries with the orange juice and sugar until they are soft. Set aside to cool.
- When cooled, transfer the cranberries to food processor or blender and puree. Add the mustard, honey, vinegar and shallots and pulse to blend. With machine running, add the oils in a slow, steady stream to emulsify the dressing. Keep refrigerated until serving time.