Recipe courtesy of Eat Your Heart Out Catering.
- 1 package of 15 mini frozen phyllo cups
- ½ cup Crème Fraiche
- ¼ cup smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 leek, white part only, finely diced and sautéed in olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 15 small bay scallops
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sauteé leeks in olive oil. Drain oil and set aside. In a bowl combine Gouda, Crème Fraiche, egg, leeks, salt and pepper. Fill phyllo shells with mixture and set aside.
- In olive oil, sear both sides of scallops for two minutes. Top each filled phyllo cup with a scallop. Bake in oven for 10 minutes.