This is a great recipe served with ham or pork tenderloin!
- 2 pounds thin-stalked fresh asparagus
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- Wash and snap the ends off the asparagus. The best way to do this (and the way to get rid of the tired ends of each stalk) is to simply snap each stalk at its easiest breaking point.
- Fill a large frying pan with two inches of water. Add asparagus and bring to a quick boil. Cook fast until just fork tender — do not overcook! Asparagus takes just a few minutes to cook through.
- When the asparagus is done, put it on a plate of ice cubes and let cool. Slice the lemon into thin slices and put aside.
- With a paper towel, dry off the asparagus. Arrange in a uniform pile on an oval platter. Garnish with thin lemon slices along the sides. Dressing can be placed on top of the salad, or can be served in a bowl on the side.