Recipe courtesy of Captain’s House Inn, Chatham. www.captainshouseinn.com
- 1 cup green onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup parsley, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 slices thick country-style sourdough bread
- 4 cups arugula leaves
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 8 large eggs
- 8 slices roasted red pepper
- Combine chopped green onion tops, olive oil, parsley and salt in a small bowl to make green onion oil; whisk to blend. (Can be prepared three hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature).
- Lightly toast the bread slices and spread each with 1 tablespoon green onion oil.
- Arrange ¼ portion of arugula on each bread slice. Top each with two slices of prosciutto. Transfer prepared slices to plates.
- Divide remaining green onion oil equally among four glass ramekins. Using pastry brush, spread green onion oil over inside of each ramekin (most of mixture will fall back to bottom of cup). Break open two eggs into each prepared cup. Place cups in large skillet. Pour enough water into skillet to reach halfway up sides of cups. Set skillet over medium- high heat and bring water to simmer. Reduce to medium-low. Cover skillet and gently cook eggs until whites are just firm to touch and yolks are set to desired consistency, about six minutes.
- Using spatula and oven mitt, lift cups with eggs from water. Cut around eggs to loosen. Turn two eggs out onto each prepared bread slice. Garnish with parsley sprigs and roasted red pepper.
- Courses: Breakfast and brunch