Recipe from Scallops, A New England Coastal Cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound sea scallops, trimmed, rinsed, patted dry, and left whole
- 1 pound large shrimp (in shell)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- Heat butter in a sauté pan on medium heat. Add scallions, basil, parsley, and garlic. Cook five to six minutes. Add scallops and shrimp, and cook just until warm.
- Place scallops, shrimp, and garlic herb mixture into an ovenproof baking dish or 4 small au gratin dishes. Add wine if desired, top with bread crumbs, and dot with butter.
- Bake in a 375˚ oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove shells from shrimp before eating.