Recipe courtesy of Bramble Inn & Restaurant, Brewster. www.brambleinn.com
- 4 cups day-old homemade or country style bread, cubed
- 1 pint raspberries, sliced strawberries or blueberries
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup Grand Marnier
- Optional powdered sugar
- Place bread in large mixing bowl.
- Combine eggs and cream cheese in food processor and mix well. Add sugar, milk, vanilla, Grand Marnier and orange zest. Process to combine. Pour over bread cubes. Add berries and fold through.
- If baking right away, let sit for 15 minutes. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan. May be refrigerated overnight for baking in morning or bake immediately in 400° oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Dust top with sifted powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.
- Courses: Breakfast and brunch