Recipe reprinted from The Lobster Pot Cookbook by Tim McNulty.
- 2 pounds butter, at room temperature
- 6 cloves garlic, pureed
- 2 large shallots, pureed
- 4 ounces lemon juice
- 4 ounces white wine
- 3 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- In a KitchenAid mixer or hand-held mixer, mix the butter at medium low speed just until it incorporates a little air. (This makes it easier to work with.) Add the other ingredients except for the wine and lemon juice and mix until thoroughly combined, scraping down the sides as needed. Now add the wine and the lemon juice, but add them slowly to avoid splashing. Store in refrigerator or freezer. This recipe yields three pounds and can be divided in half or quarter to make a smaller amount.
- If you do not have a mixer, then work everything together by hand. Just make sure that the butter is very soft. We store this in large plastic buckets, but you can wrap it in plastic wrap and shape it into logs if that is easier for you.