Courtesy of Earl Mills Sr., Chief Flying Eagle, from his cookbook Cape Cod Wampanoag Cookbook.
Total Time:1 hour
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil or butter
- 1 full cup cranberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup nuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease as 8 x 4 x 4-inch loaf pan with the 2 teaspoons cooking oil or melted butter.
- Add cranberries, ¼ cup sugar, and nuts to loaf pan.
- Beat ½ cup sugar, ¼ cup melted butter and egg until smooth. Fold in flour and pour mixture over berries.
- Bake for 45 minutes.