Recipe from the Dan'l Webster Inn in Sandwich.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 cups confectioner sugar
- 3 – 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl or standing mixer with paddle attachment; cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition. Add extracts and mix well. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the eggnog; beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Pour into Bundt cake pan sprayed with cooking spray and bake 50–60 minutes until toothpick inserted into thickest part comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes in pan before turning out and let cool completely before adding glaze.
- Combine all ingredients and spoon over cake allowing the glaze to drizzle down the sides.
- Courses: Desserts