Recipes courtesy of Fog Island Grille, 5 Amelia Drive, Nantucket.
- 1 ½ – 2 cups rancheros sauce
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 12 fresh eggs
- 8 ounces cheddar or Monterey jack cheese, grated
- ½ cup scallions, finely chopped
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup guacamole
- 6 cups spicy black beans
- garnish each plate with a sprig of fresh cilantro
- Warm ranchero sauce in a saucepan over low heat. Heat the black beans over low heat and keep warm until ready to serve.
- On a griddle or large sauté pan, cook the tortillas individually over medium heat until soft, but do not brown. Place each tortilla on an individual serving plate.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the clarified butter and cook the eggs over low heat until the whites becomes opaque. Turn the eggs carefully with a spatula to cook the tops for a few seconds. Remove the fried eggs carefully and place 2 eggs on top of each heated tortilla.
- Ladle 2 to 3 ounces of the warm ranchero sauce over the eggs and sprinkle with grated cheese. Place under a broiler until the cheese is melted.
- Portion a serving of black beans on each plate. Place a dollop of sour cream and guacamole next to the eggs and sprinkle with chopped scallions. Garnish each plate with cilantro and serve immediately.
- Courses: Breakfast and brunch