Recipe courtesy of Joann Wastrom.
- 4 cups of crushed raspberries
- 6 ½ cups of sugar
- ½ teaspoon butter
- 1 package of fruit pectin
- Crush well-washed and dried fresh raspberries though a food mill to remove a lot of the seeds.
- Combine the berry mixture with the sugar in a six to eight quart sauce pan. Add the butter to reduce foaming. Bring the mixture to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring frequently.
- Add one package of fruit pectin and continue to boil hard for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and skim off foam if necessary.
- Sterilize your jars according to preserving directions. Ladle the jam onto hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch of head space. Apply lids and adjust until fingertip tight. Place in canner with water one to two inches over tops of jars. Boil for 10 minutes.