For more than 30 years, the McNulty family has pleased diners with tasty cuisine served on Provincetown’s scenic waterfront at the conveniently located Lobster Pot restaurant. Chef Tim McNulty shares his marvelous takes on Cape Cod fare such as the hearty, yet healthy Lobster Scampi below, a true treat for seafood lovers. Recipe reprinted from The Lobster Pot Cookbook by Tim McNulty.
- ½ pound of fresh lobster meat (it will take two pounds of live lobster to yield this amount.)
- 3 tablespoons soybean oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, pureed
- ¾ cup garlic butter
- 3 ounces mushrooms, sliced thin
- 6 black olives
- 1 ¼ pounds assorted vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, summer squash, bell peppers, onion, asparagus. Cut into bite size pieces.
- ¾ cup thin noodles, cooked
- In a sauté pan, heat the oil just to medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté very quickly just to season the pan. Add the garlic butter and the vegetables. Cover, stirring occasionally until the veggies are cooked but still firm. Add the lobster meat and pasta and just heat through. Serves two.