Recipe is courtesy of Chillingsworth Restaurant, Brewster.
- 4 ripe mangos
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ¾ cups buttermilk
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 ½ envelopes gelatin
- Mango Panna Cotta Sauce
- Puree the mangos in a blender with the lemon juice to make mango puree. This should equal 3 cups of puree. (You can skip this part and buy prepared mango puree.)
- Sprinkle gelatin over milk to soften for several minutes. Heat cream and sugar to simmer and add milk and buttermilk, mixing thoroughly. Pour this into 2 cups of the mango puree and fold well.
- Fill the chosen glass halfway with the mixture and allow it to set. Reserve the rest at room temperature.
- Spoon sauce over set mango mousse in glasses for a decorative line. Gently pour or spoon remaining mousse over this to nearly fill the glass, leaving room for another layer of sauce on top.
- Allow to set 40 minutes or so. If setting overnight, cover with plastic wrap.
- These can be garnished with slivered mango, fresh raspberries or blackberries, whipped crème fraiche or a combination of all three. Remove from refrigerator 20 minutes before serving and garnish at the last minute.
- This recipe will serve six in a red wine or large martini glass or eight in a smaller white wine or champagne glass