- 20 ounces broccoli coleslaw mix , available in produce section
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken or oriental flavor instant Ramen noodles (save flavor packet)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil or ¼ cup canola oil (olive oil can be used but its heavy)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Green onion (optional)
- Combine the cider vinegar, brown sugar, oil and one packet of the seasoning mix from the Ramen noodles and let sit while preparing noodles.
- Crush the Ramen noodles by placing in zip-lock bag and roll with rolling pin or anything that will work. This is very easy to do!
- Lightly brown the noodles, slivered almonds and sesame seeds in frying pan with two tablespoons of olive or canola oil—do not scorch—take off heat and cool.
- Place broccoli in large bowl and mix in dressing and cooled noodles. This gets better the longer it sits but still good when it is freshly made. (To keep noodles crispy, add them when ready to eat.)