This recipe is from Café Chew at 4 Merchant’s Road, Sandwich.
- 1 ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar for rolling cookies
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Cream softened butter and confectioner’s sugar until light and fluffy. Add chopped nuts, vanilla and blend in the flour gradually. Mix well.
Scoop dough into balls (about two ounces) and pat down with your hand until slightly flattened. Bake for 15-20 minutes until edges just begin to brown. Allow cookies to cool and roll in the additional confectioner’s sugar. (These cookies can also be made into small balls.)
- Courses: Cookies