Orange Peel Bakery 22 State Road Aquinnah, Martha’s Vineyard
- ½ cup millet
- ½ cup wheat bran
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 1 cup oats
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 pounds all-purpose flour
- (8 cups)
- 2 pounds whole wheat flour
- (7 cups)
- 6 tablespoons salt
- cup honey
- 1.9 pounds of luke warm water (30.5 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- Combine the soaker and allow to cool. Combine water and yeast mixture then combine dry ingredients. Mix for about five minutes. Place ingredients in an oiled bowl and cover. Allow to rise for one hour.
- Turn the bread out and cut into three loaves.
- Shape these into boules (rounds) but you can also use bread pans if you like. (If you use bread pans, oil and dust with flour.) Allow to rise for one hour.
- Bake at 450° for 40-45 minutes until you tap on the bottom and bread sounds hollow.