Recipe provided by Frank Belfiore, Chef at the Captain Kidd from the Woods Hole Historical Museum cookbook, Woods Hole Cooks Something Up, Recipes From a Cape Cod Village.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- ½ pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 ½ ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups white wine
- 4 pounds mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- Heat olive oil. Sauté garlic, peppers, onion and mushrooms for four minutes.
- Add oregano, thyme, basil, parsley, red pepper flakes, tomatoes, and wine. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add mussels, cover and cook over high heat until mussels have opened, about five minutes.
- Serve the mussels with their sauce in a big bowl or over pasta.
- Main Ingredients: Fish and shellfish