Recipe courtesy of Carol Williams Catering.
- ¼ pound orzo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 ½ cups blanched native corn
- ½ cup scallions, chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, julienne
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves
- Lime dressing
- Cook orzo in salted, boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain and toss with olive oil. Place in medium size bowl and add lime dressing.
- Peel corn and cook in salted, boiling water for 1 minute. Cool and slice corn from cob. To orzo add corn, scallions, red bell pepper, basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Garnish with pine nuts and fresh basil leaves.