Recipe courtesy of Van Rensselaer’s, 1019 State Highway (Route 6), South Wellfleet.
2 eight-ounce pieces of fresh fish (salmon, swordfish, tuna, striped bass, bluefish, or sea scallops)
Lemon Herb Butter Sauce
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 1 lemon wedge
- 3 ounces of white wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1/3 pound of butter
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 medium red bliss potatoes (baked, cooled, and diced)
- 1 small white onions, julienne cut
- 4 ounces sliced assorted mushroom (such as hon shimeji, shitake, or enoki)
- ½ cup lobster meat, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
Lemon Herb Butter Sauce Directions:
- In a thick, even-bottomed saucepan, reduce the shallot, bay leaf, peppercorns, lemon wedge, and white wine, until almost dry. Add heavy cream, reduce by half, whisk in cold butter on very low heat until butter is just melted.
- Turn off heat, strain, season, add herbs and lemon zest.
Hash Base Directions:
- Season and sauté all ingredients with olive oil until potatoes are golden brown and mushrooms and onions are soft, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Pan sear fresh fish with salt and pepper.
- Divide hash base between two deep dinner plates, place fish on top of hash base, drizzle herb butter sauce over fish. Garnish with a lemon wedge and any leftover fresh herbs.