Recipe courtesy of Chef Jennifer Ladd at the Cakewalk, 119 Tupper Road, Sandwich.
- 2 eight-ounce packages of chocolate with 60% cacao
- 3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups crushed or quick oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 1/2 cups slivered almonds
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter or other nut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut syrup or honey
- Melt chocolate, coconut syrup, coconut oil, and nut butter together in a saucepan or double boiler until just melted. Be careful not to cook the mixture.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Pour warm chocolate mixture over dry ingredients and mix together with a fork until all ingredients are evenly coated with chocolate. Let stand and cool for 10 minutes.
- Form cookies into balls by pressing the ingredients together in the palms of your hands and carefully forming a round ball. Place on wax-paper-lined cookie sheet, and allow to solidify in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes before serving.