Recipe courtesy of Captain’s House Inn, Chatham. www.captainhouseinn.com
- 13-14 cups croissants or toasting bread
- 12 eggs
- 3 cups half and half
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup orange juice concentrate
- orange sauce
- Dice bread into cubes. Place in a large bowl.
- In blender combine the rest of the ingredients. Pour the orange mixture over the bread cubes and stir to coat. Scoop the bread mix into timbales. Cover and refrigerate.
- Cook at 400° for 12 minutes the next morning.
- Serve with fresh raspberries, orange sections and drizzle with orange sauce. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Courses: Breakfast and brunch