Recipe courtesy of Bill Brodsky, executive chef, at the Wequassett Resort & Golf Club.
- 1 cup of water (100°)
- 2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 ½ cups bread flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- Whisk together yeast, water and sugar and let sit in mixing bowl for 20 minutes.
- Add flour and salt to bowl and in a mixer, knead the dough on the slowest setting until it is completely homogenous and smooth, approximately 13 minutes.
- When the dough is kneaded, place it into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let bowl sit a warm place (100°) for 1 hour or until dough doubles in volume.
- Once proofed, cut the dough into four and reshape into balls. Return each to a new lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit for an additional 40 minutes. The dough is now ready for use.