Recipe courtesy of Bramble Inn & Restaurant, Brewster. www.brambleinn.com
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 3 cups grated potatoes
- 2 pounds cod fillets, cut into small chucks
- 1 cup bread crumbspoached eggs
- poached eggs
- blender hollandaise
- Sauté onion, celery, and potatoes in one stick of butter until cooked through.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme and fish. Cook and scrape bottom of pan to prevent sticking until fish starts to turn opaque. Add wine and continue to cook and scrape bottom of pan until wine has almost evaporated and mixture has a hash-like consistency.
- In a small sauté pan, melt ½ stick butter and sauté bread crumbs to light brown. Pour hash into a greased 9 x 13 inch serving pan. Top with bread crumbs and bake for ten minutes in 400° oven.
- Place ½ cup fish hash on plate or toasted English muffin, add egg and spoon hollandaise over all. Garnish with snipped chives.
- Courses: Breakfast and brunch