Recipe provided by Emily Woudenberg from the Yarmouth Port Library cookbook, Cooking Along 6A.
- 1 ½ pound thick asparagus, bottoms trimmed (pencil-thin stalks lose texture in roasting)
- 2 bunches scallions, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oil- packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil from the sun-dried tomato jar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 450°.
- In a large bowl, toss the asparagus and the scallions with the reserved oil from the sun-dried tomatoes. Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet and arrange in an even layer. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for seven minutes. Stir the vegetables and roast until tender and slightly browned, about another five minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped sun-dried tomatoes and toss to combine. Serve immediately or at room temperature.