Recipe courtesy of Carol Williams Catering of Osterville.
- 1 ½ pounds salmon fillets
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated or chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
FOR MANGO SAUCE:
- Wash and peel mango. Remove flesh from mango; pieces do not need to be cubed or uniform in size. Place in blender or food processor and process until smooth. Add pineapple and process into small, pea-size chunks. Place mixture in a bowl, add cilantro, ginger, and pepper, and chill until served. (For even more flavor, grill the pineapple before adding to the mango puree.) Serve with warm or chilled salmon.
- Preheat grill or broiler on high. Cut salmon into four pieces, brush lightly with oil.
- Place salmon on grill, skin side down, and cook for five minutes. Turn salmon over and continue cooking two to three minutes. For a well-done piece, continue cooking two additional minutes. (Salmon may be oven roasted at 375°, with skin side down, for approximately 10 minutes.)