Recipe provided by Jim Dow.
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chilled and chopped
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, grated
- 1 ½ cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons shallots, diced
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 ½ pounds titi (baby) shrimp or larger shrimp, chopped
- 1 ½ pounds crab meat (imitation crab can be used)
- 8 ounces lobster meat (claw and knuckle meat is fine and more affordable), chopped
- 1 ½ pounds sour cream
- 4 cups bread crumbs
- puff pastry
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Mix all ingredients. The mixture should be moist but able to hold its shape when formed into a roll. Wrap roll in puff pastry, seal, aerate (poke holes in top of strudel with fork tines), and brush with egg wash. Bake in hot oven until golden brown. Serve with Hollandaise or Newburg sauce.
3. This recipe makes two large loafs of strudel. If only smaller puff pastry is available, recipe will make several loafs. Prepared strudels can be frozen. Defrost before cooking.