Recipe provided by Lois Bendoris from the Heroes In Transition cookbook, Heroes In Transition, Recipes and Remembrances.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large cloves garlic, chopped fine
- ½ cup chopped Italian (flat leaf) parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 pinches dried hot red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 box angel hair pasta
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile heat butter and oil in heavy skillet over medium heat until foam subsides. Add garlic, parsley, lemon juice, wine, pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer three minutes. Add shrimp to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, for five to six minutes, until shrimp are pink.
- Remove from heat. Place shrimp over cooked pasta. Sprinkle with more chopped parsley. I also serve with a bowl of grated Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
* Before beginning to cook, get all ingredients ready. It will help move along the cooking process and the shrimp and pasta will be done at the same time.