Simple Baked and Breaded Scallops
Total Time: 15-25 minutes
- 2 pounds bay or sea scallops
- 1½ cups bread crumbs
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 385° F
- Mix the scallops, lemon juice, and half of the melted butter in an ovenproof baking dish and add a small amount of salt and pepper, as desired. Sprinkle the bread crumbs evenly over the scallops and then drizzle the remaining melted butter over the bread crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the scallops are just cooked through—approximately 10 minutes for bay scallops and 18-20 minutes for sea scallops. If the bread crumbs have not browned nicely, switch the oven setting to broil for one minute until the desired color and a slightly crisp texture is achieved.